Sunday, October 26, 2008

An early morning

Good Morning! Even though it's only 7 AM, it feels like it's more like noon since Gray has been up for three hours already. That's right...he's going through this whole waking-up-at-4AM-thing again. I know it's a phase, but it's one that I dread like the dentist. The boys just got back from picking up breakfast and Gray is now climbing on top of his play table and quacking. He can only say three words now (Mama, Dada, and Baby), but he can quack with the best of them. What can I say?

Last night's event (Conservation Through Art) went off without a hitch and it really turned out beautifully. However, after a week full of events, I'm just thankful I survived....now on to the next one! Our partnership with Whole Foods during their Grand Reopening goes through the middle of the week. If you are in Memphis, come shop at Whole Foods on Tuesday and 5% of their net proceeds will benefit ArtsMemphis! We could use all the help we can get during these tough times.

If today is anything like yesterday, the plan is to head out to Christ Methodist's Fall Festival with Lovie (Adam's mom). Yes, another festival...We're such suckers for fair food, particularly caramel apples. I'm trying to indoctrinate Gray into my love of all things Fall. It hasn't quite rubbed off yet. Friday afternoon we visited the pumpkin patch with Lovie, Aunt Judy, Cousin Erin and her son Andrew. While Baby Andrew had a big ole time with the mini pumpkins and stacks of hay, Gray was only interested in one thing--the wheelbarrow. His obsession with anything on wheels has really gotten out of control. I'm wondering what this means for his future. Do we have a mechanic on our hands? An engineer? Or is he just a "boy's boy"? Who knows. He also loves making "porridge" with my double boiler and a wooden spoon, so maybe we've got a budding chef in the family. I'm wishing my little cook would make his own breakfast this morning but since I doubt that will happen, I'm off to do it for him.

Have a great Sunday all!

No comments: