Monday, March 6, 2017

Winter work

We weren't far into the new year when we had our first snow day--a favorite for my kiddos! As has become our custom, we headed over to a neighbor's house once all the Dads headed into work, and we cozied up and ordered pizza and chatted while the kids played together in the snow. I'm not kidding when I say that Gray was outside from 7:30 am until almost 4 pm, only coming inside briefly to grab a bite of pizza!


With soccer on hiatus for the winter, Gray played futsol again and learned new skills while sharpening existing ones. Hayes, meanwhile, played on a basketball team and let me tell you---a year makes a HUGE difference! This girl is a defense queen! But she also made a free throw! 




I had been sick for the past two weeks, but I pulled through to attend the school's "Minute to Win It" Mother Daughter event, and I'm so glad I did. Hayes had a blast and it is always fun to spend some one-on-one time with my girl. I don't know where she gets her competitive streak! ;)


Gray competed in his first Destination Imagination competition, which he'd been preparing for for the last several months. I'm not exactly sure what it involves or what they did during the competition, but I do know that they placed in the top three and that they had a blast. Brainiacs unite!

Lastly, we celebrated Adam's mom's 65th birthday with a surprise party and I think it's safe to say it was a success.....Happy birthday, Linda! You make 65 look sensational!

Until next time,
The Patterson

No comments: